《未選擇的路》是 ROBERT FROST 的著名詩篇。
譯: 張崇殷
此位非官方的桂冠詩人堪稱美國20世紀90年代最受歡迎之一,
寫作並出版10部詩集,這首是第三部詩集《山的間隔》中的名篇。
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
兩條路在金色林中分道揚鑣,And sorry I could not travel both
很可惜,我不能全部選擇, And be one traveler, long I stood
作為一名過客,我站在岔道 , And looked down one as far as I could
良久地凝神,極目其中一條,To where it bent in the undergrowth;
直至它彎進灌叢,漸漸隱沒; Then took the other, as just as fair,
選擇另外一條,同樣合宜誘人, And having perhaps the better claim,
也許,踏上它有更好的道理, Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
因為少有人行,也碧草深深; Though as for that the passing there
雖然我走過後留下的腳印, Had worn them really about the same,
已經踐踏得它們相差無幾。And both that morning equally lay
那日的清晨,在這兩條道路 In leaves no step had trodden black.
沒有履跡,同樣埋在枯葉下面; Oh, I kept the first for another day!
哦,原先那條想留給明日涉足!Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
瞭解到路彼此引領,不曾停步,I doubted if I should ever come back.
我也懷疑是否我,還能歸返。 I shall be telling this with a sigh
很多很多年後的某個地方,Somewhere ages and ages hence:
帶著歎息,這往事我重新採擷: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
林中有過兩條歧路,供我徜徉, I took the one less traveled by,
我卻選擇罕至的那條,遊浪, And that has made all the difference.
而這,便鑄定今後的全部分別。
0 Comentarios